This Agreement was last revised on May 31, 2016.
1. Use of Our Service.
The Service is a place that offers online entertainment content and information with a focus on the horror genre, offering Users the ability to submit their original content to the Sponsors in accordance with our Contest Rules. By enabling Users from throughout the United States to submit their content to us for consideration, our goal is to discover talented people and potentially provide additional resources to produce their content.
Sponsors grant you permission to use the Service as set forth in this Agreement, provided that: (i) you will not copy, distribute, or disclose any part of the Service in any medium; (ii) you will not alter or modify any part of the Service other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Service for its intended purpose; and (iii) you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Use of and Membership in the Service is void where prohibited. This Service is intended solely for Users who are thirteen (13) years of age or older, and any registration, use or access to the Service by anyone under 13 is unauthorized, unlicensed, and in violation of this Agreement. Sponsors may terminate your account, delete any content or information that you have posted on the Service, and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the Service (or any portion, aspect or feature of the Service) for any reason, at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice, including without limitation if it believes that you are under 13. If you are under 18 years of age you may use the Service only if you either are an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement.
IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN AND YOU PROVIDE YOUR CONSENT TO THE REGISTRATION OF YOUR CHILD WHO IS 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER WITH THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT WITH RESPECT TO, THROUGH, AND IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH REGISTRATION AND USE.
3. Term and Termination.
This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Service or are a Member.
You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member’s account settings page.
Sponsors may permanently or temporarily terminate, suspend, or otherwise refuse to permit your access to the Service without notice and liability, if, in our sole determination, you violate any of terms of this Agreement, including the following prohibited actions: (i) attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service; (ii) taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (iii) uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service; (iv) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity; (v) interfering with the proper working of the Service; or, (vi) bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including, but not limited to, registering for the Service with an email address that is not rightfully yours.
4. Membership Accounts.
You will need to register with ET and create a “Member” account on the site. Your membership account gives you access to the services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time and in our sole discretion, and also enables you to make submissions as an “Entrant” in any contests which we may offer from time to time. You may use your account settings to control your Member Profile.
- Password and Email. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a permanent password and supply your email address. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify ET immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account, and the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify ET immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Although ET will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you shall be liable for the losses of ET or others due to such unauthorized use.
- Communications and Notifications. By providing ET your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including among other things notices required by law, in lieu of postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including changes to ET features, marketing messages, and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out by changing the notification settings in your account, or by sending mail to the following postal address:
150 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or special offers.
- Personal Use. Member accounts are for your personal, non-commercial use only, and are limited to one account per person. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You may not create or use an account for anyone other than yourself, provide an email address other than your own, or create multiple Membership Accounts. Additionally, you may not impersonate someone else (e.g., adopt the identity of a celebrity or your next-door neighbor). You may never use another Member’s account without permission.
5. Non-commercial Use by Members.
The Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or expressly approved in writing by ET. You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the ET servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the ET Service, including collecting and/or harvesting personally identifiable information, including usernames and/or email addresses of Members, by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending spam, unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the website is prohibited. You agree not to use any portion of the Service as a destination linked from any unsolicited bulk messages or unsolicited commercial messages. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the ET Service.
6. User Content and User Content Responsibility.
- Intellectual Property Rights. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
- Responsibility for User Content. ET takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other Users or third parties post or send over the Service. You understand and agree that any loss or damage of any kind that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you send, upload, download, stream, post, transmit, display, or otherwise make available or access through your use of the Service, is solely your responsibility. In the event that you elect to download User Content, ET recommends that you only download or access files from a trusted source and implement security measures to scan downloaded files for contaminants. ET disclaims any responsibility or liability relating to your access to or downloading of User Content. ET is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree that ET shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of such User Content.
- Entries/Submissions. From time to time, areas on this Service may expressly request submissions of concepts, creative ideas, suggestions, stories, or other potential content from you (“Invited Submissions” or “Entries”). Where this is the case, please carefully read and review any specific rules (including Contest Rules) or other terms and conditions which appear elsewhere on this Service to govern the Invited Submissions (“Additional Terms”) since they will affect your legal rights. If no such Additional Terms govern the Invited Submissions, then this Agreement will apply in full to any Invited Submissions that you make. Please also be aware that any invited submissions you make will not be acknowledged or returned, and the act of providing Invited Submissions does not create a fiduciary or other special relationship between you and Sponsors, or any of their affiliates, agents, licensees, successors, or assigns. You expressly acknowledge and agree that neither Sponsors nor any of their affiliates, agents, licensees, successors, or assigns has now, or shall have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the protection or infringement of any Intellectual Property Rights in and to your Invited Submissions, and that Sponsors and their affiliates, agents, licensees, successors, or assigns are not responsible for the loss, deletion, mis-delivery, or failure to store any Invited Submissions. You expressly understand that no Invited Submissions you provide will be treated as confidential.
7. License Grant.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, personal license to use the Service. ET reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service and the Content (as defined below). ET may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
8. Our Proprietary Rights.
- Content. Except for your User Content, the Service and its materials, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos and music (the “Content”), and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of ET and its licensors. Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any materials or content accessible on the Service. Use of the Content or materials on the Service for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
- Ideas and Comments. You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Ideas”). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place ET under any fiduciary or other obligation, that we are free to disclose the Ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the Ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, ET does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to ET, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
9. DMCA Copyright Policy.
You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way, any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of ET to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of prompt notification to ET by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent.Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the ET Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the ET Service; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.Please provide this information to:
150 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 9049
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying ET and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with ET’s rights and obligations under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, ET has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at ET’s sole discretion, members who are deemed to be repeat infringers. ET may also, at its sole discretion, limit access to the Service and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
10. Mobile Use
ET makes available a version of its Service for use with mobile devices (the “ET Application”). You acknowledge that certain services, such as offers, location-based services, and service-related information (such as the availability of ET Application upgrades), may be provided from time to time in the form of text (SMS) messages delivered to your registered mobile device instead of directly through the Application. By registering your mobile device or providing us with your mobile phone number, you agree to receive such SMS-based communications to the mobile number associated with your registered mobile device. To opt-out of receiving these SMS-based communications, follow the instructions in the body of the SMS message. In the event you elect to opt-out of such SMS-based communications, you may receive an additional message from the Service confirming your election. ET does not warrant that the text messaging service will be uninterrupted or error free.
Though you may access the Service via a mobile device, ET shall not be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform any obligation hereunder by circumstances beyond our reasonable control including (without limitation) any technical problems beyond the control of ET such as (for example) defects, congestion or failures of capacity or otherwise in the public data or telephone or mobile carrier network or caused by atmospheric interference, your mobile device being turned off for an extended period of time so that messages are not retained, or your being unable to obtain mobile network coverage.
ET has implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information and User Content from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information and User Content for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
13. Additional Representations and Warranties.
You shall be solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. In connection with User Content, you affirm, represent and warrant, in addition to the other representations and warranties in this Agreement, the following:
- You are at least 18 years of age, or if you are under 18 years of age you are either an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement.
- Your User Content and ET’s use thereof as contemplated by this Agreement and the Service will not infringe any rights of any third party, including but not limited to any Intellectual Property Rights, privacy rights and rights of publicity.
14. Third-Party Websites, Advertisers or Services.
Your dealings with or participation in promotions of advertisers to which you opt-in and/or find on ET, including payment and delivery of goods, and any other terms (such as warranties) are solely between you and such advertisers. You agree that ET shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort relating to your dealings with such advertisers.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ET and its subsidiaries, agents, and other affiliated companies, and the employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors of each, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service, including any data transmitted or received by you; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement, including without limitation, your breach of any of the representations and warranties above; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy, publicity rights or Intellectual Property Rights; (iv) your violation of any law, rule or regulation of the United States or any other country; (v) any claim or damages that arise as a result of any of your User Content or any User Content that is submitted via your account; or (vi) any other party’s access and use of the Service with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
16. No Warranty.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SPONSORS, THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AND THEIR LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD.
SPONSORS DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE AND SPONSORS WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
17. Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSORS, EACH OF THEIR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THEIR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SERVICE. SPONSORS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY MEMBER OR OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SPONSORS BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SPONSORS ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICE, INCLUDING VIEWING, PLAYING OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS ON OR FROM THE SERVICE, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE; (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE; AND/OR (VII) USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSORS, THEIR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR COSTS IN AN AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO SPONSORS HEREUNDER.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF ET HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
18. Governing Law.
Any contractual dispute or claim relating to your use of the Service will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. If you have a claim related to the Service, you must bring such claim to arbitration pursuant to this Section within one (1) year after the date on which the claim arose. Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of this Agreement shall be settled by arbitration in Los Angeles County, California, using the English language in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes, who shall be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS. Judgment upon the award so rendered may be entered in a court having jurisdiction, or application may be made to such court for judicial acceptance of any award and an order of enforcement, as the case may be. For all purposes of this Agreement, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the United States Federal Courts located in the Central District of California. We will not seek attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous.
You and Sponsors each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration both parties waive any right to a jury trial. You and Sponsor also both agree that you or Sponsor may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
19. Availability and Use Outside of the United States.
The Service is controlled and operated from its facilities in the United States. Sponsors make no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with local law, including but not limited to export and import regulations. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals located in the United States. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsors retain all rights, including all Intellectual Property Rights, to the Service and the Content therein, throughout the world.
20. Notification Procedures.
Sponsors may provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our website, as determined by Sponsors in our sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our Users, provided that you may opt out of certain means of notification as described in this Agreement.
21. Notice to California Users.
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California website users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
“El Terror” and other Service graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of Sponsors. Sponsors’ trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Sponsors’, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Sponsors. All other trademarks not owned by Sponsors that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by ET.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, together with any other legal notices and agreements published by ET via the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and ET concerning the Service.
- No Waiver. ET’s failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision, and no waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
- Headings. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- Assignment. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by ET without restriction.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, please contact us at email@example.com.